expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Pages

Sunday, 23 July 2017

Oh No: Woman Dies From Rare Flesh-Eating Disease After Being Injured During a S*x Game With Her Boyfriend

 Katie Widdowson, pictured with her boyfriend Dean Smith.
 
A young woman has perished from a rare flesh-eating disease which got hold of her after she was injured during a game of s*x. Katie Widdowson, a young mum has died from a rare flesh-eating disease after being injured during a s*x game with her boyfriend.

According to The Sun UK, Katie Widdowson, a care assistant, told medics she had hurt her wrist while being restrained in bed.
 
However, hospital doctors diagnosed a simple sprain and sent her home – missing warning signs that it was something far more serious.

The next day, 24-year-old Katie, from Castle Vale, Birmingham was rushed back to hospital – and had a heart attack while in the ambulance.

The much-loved young mum was found to have the flesh-eating bug Necrotising Fasciitis, and died from the bacterial infection shortly afterwards.

Katie’s partner, chef Dean Smith, told the inquest that the couple had been together for five and half years and that she had a young child.

On New Year’s Day this year, Katie went to work and later sent him a photo of her wrist, saying she was in a lot of pain and couldn’t move it.

She went to Good Hope Hospital in Sutton Coldfield but came home having been diagnosed with a sprain and given painkillers.
 
Next morning, Katie was still in pain and had developed blisters. She was taken to Heartlands Hospital.

Concerned Dean said they had previously had sex, during which he had restrained his girlfriend’s wrists.

“I do not remember much about it,” he told the inquest. “It’s not anything we have ever done before.”
Assistant coroner Emma Brown said Katie had been to Good Hope’s A&E department just before midnight and complained to a nurse of pain in her left wrist.

She had explained that she was unable to feel her fingers, and the pain was spreading up her arm.

Ms Brown said the mum’s temperature, heart and pulse rate were all abnormal and she should have been observed every 30 minutes.
 
But despite seeing two doctors and having an x-ray, she was told she had a sprained wrist, and was discharged.

The coroner said that she should have been kept in hospital and undergone major surgery.

As a result, there were “clear failures” on the part of both doctors.

“They flagrantly ignored the policy that was there for the very situation Katie found herself in,”
 said Ms Brown.

“Her early warning score was six and should have resulted in regular and ongoing observations and further investigations. These were not carried out. If Katie had remained in hospital, it is clear that her death would have been avoidable.

“These mistakes amounted to a gross failure to provide basic medical attention. Katie’s death was due to Necrotising Fasciitis contributed to by neglect.”


The coroner said there could be other explanations for the initial injury she had suffered but the most probable one was when she was restrained.

Mr Brown added that she had been given no proper explanation by the hospital for what happened.

She said the Trust had now taken steps to try to prevent a similar situation happening again.
 
After the hearing, Katie’s stepfather David Widdowson said the family intended to take legal action against the Trust.

They plan to pursue a claim that the hospital’s negligence led to the tragedy.

Katie’s mum, Pat, paid an emotional tribute to her “beautiful” daughter.

“She was both beautiful inside and out,” she said. “She loved animals and she loved people. She went to Lourdes with terminally ill people.”
sylviaakaemesblog

No comments:

Post a comment