expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>


Monday 17 October 2016

Horror! Fire Breaks Out at Revenue Board Chairman's Home, Kills His Son and Girlfriend...Shocking Details

File photo used only for illustrative purpose
A fire outbreak has wrought irreparable damage at the home of a Revenue Board Chairman as the flames take over the residence. Two lives have been claimed after a fire broke out at the residence of the Chairman of the Bayelsa State Board of Internal Revenue, Nimibofa Ayawei, on Saturday.
According to the News Agency of Nigeria, the two victims were Ayawei’s son and his girlfriend, who were in the building, located in Akenfa, a suburb of Yenagoa.
NAN reports that residents assisted in putting out the fire and saved the building from being burnt down.
A family source, James Akan, confirmed to NAN that the two victims were Mike Ayawei and his girlfriend, whose name could not be immediately ascertained.
Akan said the fire started early on Saturday as Port-Harcourt Electricity Distribution Company restored power supply, raising suspicion that the incident might be from power surge.
Akan said: “The family members have deposited the remains of the two persons at the mortuary, it is really a pathetic sight.

“As they restored light, there was a loud noise like explosion and other occupants of rooms in the house started running for safety.
“Mike was trying to save his girlfriend before they were caught up by the fire.
“It is a pity, others even broke the protector in an effort to save their lives but help came too late, he unfortunately died trying to save his girlfriend.”
Akan said Ayawei just recovered from serious ailment and was away for burial when the fire broke out.
He said the family was in grief and would soon prepare for the burial of the victims considering that they were young people.
When contacted, the Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Asinim Butswat, said the command received a distress call that a house was burning and immediately dispatched a response team.
Head of Fire Service in Yenagoa, Dennis Obumor, said the service was not contacted during the fire, adding that the agency was unaware of the incident.

No comments:

Post a Comment